Cheltenham & District Light Railway Co. car number
5 built by John Stephenson in New York, passes the original Great Western station in
Cheltenham prior to the opening of a second at Malvern Road. She is operating on the
route, opened in 1901, between Cleeve Hill and Lansdown station, which was closed
along with the rest of the Cheltenham system in 1930.
Photo RAT collection
All the photographs in this gallery cover the first generation UK tram systems that had closed by the end of 1962 apart the one at Blackpool. The images in these galleries do vary in quality, in some the overall sharpness is below standard whilst in others moving trams are not altogether stopped; and fog marks appear on some pictures. Most problems doubtless due to the limitations of the equipment in the early post-war years.