The imposing frontage of the FC Economico Correntino station at Corrientes on 23/8/1968. Photo D Trevor Rowe
The pictures in this gallery portray scenes on the standard gauge General Urquiza system and the 600mm gauge FC Economico Correntino. The latter was situated east of Corrientes on the south bank of the Parana River, which at this point formed the border with Paraguay. The system reached its maximum extent, some 226kms about 1930, by which time it was owned by the Corrientes provincial government. In 1948 it became part of the FC Nacional General Urquiza which ultimately closed it down on 31st October 1969.
To view any full size image and caption details please click the maroon button below each thumbnail